Project Managers get asked to 'do change management' on their projects all the time - this course will give them the tools, skills, and confidence to make that happen.
Leading Change for Project Managers
Who will Benefit from this Program?
- Project Managers - new or experienced
- People who manage projects or initiatives but don't have project manager in their title
- People supporting change initiatives
- People who want to understand more about change management and how to apply best practices to help people do something more, better, or different and realize great results
- Understand the People Side of Change
- Know the conversations needed to Plan and Manage Change
- Be equipped with knowledge, skills, and tools to Plan and Manage Change
- Develop a change management strategy/plan for an active project
- Identify the Engagement Conversations needed to enable adoption of and commitment to change
- Gain confidence to engage in the right change management planning conversations with business leaders
Participants will also receive the following tools:
- Copy of Talking Change: Must-Have Conversations for Successful Leaders
- The Project Manager's Change Planning Toolkit
- Resources and Templates from Talking Change: Must-Have Conversations for Successful Leaders
- Conversation Planner Template
- Conversation Agenda Template
- Stakeholder Map Template
- 5 Steps to Build the Best Change Champion Network Guide
- Communication Plan Template
- Month in a Box Template
- Job Impact Analysis Template
- Change Management Planning Kickoff Presentation
- And many more...
Module 1 - The People Side of Change
- The dynamics of change
- The ABC Transition Roadmap™
- Recognizing and addressing resistance to change
Module 2 - Planning and Managing Change
- Key conversations to plan and manage change
- Best practices to implement change successfully
- Change management planning toolkit
Module 3 - Conversations to Enable Change
- Why conversations are needed
- Who needs to be involved in conversations
- Key engagement conversations to enable buy-in and commitment to change
- Live in-person: 1.5 days
- Live virtual: 1.5 days or 3 half days
- Virtual on-demand: available as a self-paced online program
I didn’t think it was my place to ask too many ‘why’ questions – why are we doing this? Why now? I was given the project to manage and told to make it happen. The Planning and Managing Conversations have given me the tools and the right approach to ask why and engage people in the right conversations. Now we are all on the same page and I feel confident we’ll get to a great result.
I will use these tools when I start the change management conversations with my business leads. I feel more prepared to guide the business to help them build their change management plans and for me to identify the risks of the change.
Now I know who the right people are to have at the table, how to position things with clients, and how to engage in meaningful conversations about change.